Be a Heritage Culturalist Volunteer!
- Pursue your interest in the history of Northern Colorado!
- Learn how to document historic sites!
- Share your knowledge and expertise with others!
What is the Heritage Culturalist Program?
The Heritage Culturalist Program (HCP) is a FREE ambassador training program that educates volunteers in the rich history and recreation opportunities of the Cache la Poudre River National Heritage Area (CALA). Once trained, volunteers provide interpretation and expertise to the public at Poudre Heritage Alliance (PHA) programs and events.
Learn more about the 2018 field sites here!
What does a Heritage Culturalist Volunteer do?
During the training, HCP Volunteers visit historical sites and participate in interactive discussions to develop deeper knowledge of the CALA. Once the training program is completed, HCP volunteers use their expertise to educate the public and increase awareness of the National Heritage Area by:
- Leading community events, teacher workshops, seminars, guided tours, and other activities.
- Participate in additional training opportunities and educational events through PHA and its partner organizations.
- Creating professional documentation of Heritage Area resources that enhance heritage tourism opportunities.