NEW LOCATION! New Belgium Brewing on the Poudre River Oxbow, Fort Collins, Colorado
Visit our Plan Your Visit page for pre-festival and early-bird activities, parking and transportation information, and contest details.
Poudre River Education, Restoration & Celebration!
Poudre RiverFest is a free, family-friendly festival that restores, celebrates and educates people about the Cache la Poudre River.
- Experience scientific research at a bird banding station and go on nature walks to learn about the river and its inhabitants.
- Volunteer to enhance wildlife habitat along the river with hands-on service projects.
- Learn about conserving the Poudre River and its resources through a photo scavenger hunt and kids’ activities.
- Connect with local organizations that conserve the river.
- Dance to live music.
- Enjoy beer from New Belgium Brewing Co. and food from local eateries.
National Get Outdoors Day is a new annual event to encourage healthy, active outdoor fun.
Participating partners will offer opportunities for American families to experience traditional and non-traditional types of outdoor activities.
Prime goals of the day are reaching first-time visitors to public lands and reconnecting our youth to the great outdoors.
Come check out this family-friendly open farm event! The fun and festivities will include the following:
- Antique Tractor Display
- Blacksmithing demonstrations
- Barren Train Rides
- Petting Zoo
- Pony Rides from 12-2pm
- Burgers, Brats, and Hot Dogs available
- Craft booth
- Food Drive for the Weld Food bank
- Education Booths and Display
2017 Save the Date – September 16, 2017
An afternoon of delicious discovery, delight & community spirit. Friends, families & neighbors will share a late summer day celebrating the good life in Weld County. Fest activities are growing & evolving every day! So far, you can plan to experience:
Live Music on stage ALL DAY
History Display of Weld Agriculture
Demonstrations & Education
Beer & Spirit Garden
& MUCH MORE
The Fest has Free entry. You can focus your attention on the discovery & participation opportunities & make plans to enjoy the food, beverages & fun that awaits!
An evening showcase of visual, music & culinary arts. Experience local foods crafted into delicious meals by local professional chefs, served family style under the stars. Feast proceeds benefit the Greeley Creative District. Seating is limited. Tickets available online or by calling the DDA at (970)356-6775. Buy tickets.
For our 5th Annual Forum, we offer a day of learning and dialogue. We move down river to Greeley to remind everyone that the Poudre River is important to the full span of those of us who enjoy its waters—from its headwaters all the way to the confluence with the South Platte.
General Topics TBD
Keynote speaker TBD