The stakes for PHA and the CALA are high. The PHA and CALA are under threat from increasing demands on water, shrinking federal appropriations, the need to raise awareness about water management, rising human health and safety concerns, a generation more connected to their technology than to the natural world, and the loss of history and heritage over time. Now, more than ever, a new generation of leaders must step forth to help safeguard this national treasure – and inspire people to get out and explore CALA, and discover the stories that define who we are and what we value.
The Poudre Heritage Alliance (PHA) raises awareness about water issues and connects people to their water heritage in the Cache la Poudre River National Heritage Area (CALA) through a variety of programs.
Click on the title of each program to learn more.
PROMOTE a variety of historical and cultural opportunities
Our Promote programs introduce people to the river and their heritage area.
- Learning in Our Watershed™
- Heritage Culturalist™ Volunteer Program
- Poudre Pour™ and Pub Talks
- Poudre River Forum
ENGAGE people in their river corridor
Our Engage programs motivate people to get out and explore.
- Play It Safe On The Poudre
- Heritage Trails
- On the Trail to Health, Heritage, and Happiness™
- Pedaling the Poudre
INSPIRE learning, preservation, and stewardship
Our Inspire programs bring stories and events to life through powerful place-based experiences.
- 1883 Water Works Interpretive Center
- Water Heritage Speaker Series
- Documenting History (Book)
- Flowing Through the Poudre River Corridor: Heritage Video Series